Unit4 What would you do?(Section A 3a-Section B 2c)
Teaching aims and demands
1) Enable Ss to master some useful expressions.
2) Enable Ss to talk about imaginary situations .
3) Train Ss’ skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
4) To help the students understand, care and help others more.
Teaching key and difficult points
1) The useful expressions and sentence patterns
2) Understanding the subjunctive mood.
3) Talking about imaginary situations.
1) Task—Based Language Teaching Method
2) Communicative Method
Teaching aids: Multi-media and a tape-recorder.
Greet to the class.
Step2.Revision and presentation
Read and review the basic sentences of last lesson for example: If I had a million dollars ,I’d give it to the charity. If I were you ,I’d wear a shirt and tie ….Then ask some students questions “If you had a million dollars what would you do? If you were he/she what would you do?…”.Then say in real life every one meets problems and ask students to make a list of problems that they have at home and school.
First match the sentences in 3a.The make conversations like that in 3b in pairs.
Do a survey. Ask each others’ problems and give advice in groups. Then ask several group leaders to report the result to the whole class.
Step5. Listening exercises
Listen to the tape and finish the exercises in Section B2a&2b.
Ask and answer questions in the personality survey in pairs.(2c)
Discuss any of the following topics, for example: If I were a boy/girl/ZhouJielun/the mayor of Wuhan City…,I’d…
Write a short passage according to your discussion. Ask one or two students to write on the blackboard ,then check them together.
Sum up the key words, phrases and sentences structures .
1.Write a short passage about imaginary situations.
2.Read Section A 3a and Section B 2a.Try to recite one of them.